Pursuing A Master's In Psychology From Ambedkar University
Bhanvi, Vrutika, Bisman
Master's in Psychology at Ambedkar University
Pursuing Masters in Psychology from Ambedkar University, Delhi, is considered to be very prestigious. It is one of the most reputed Government Universities in India and holds a very prominent place. The master's program offered to psychology students is prodigious. In this article, you'll find everything about the program.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Ambedkar University offers MA in Psychology (Psychosocial Clinical Studies). The duration of the program is 2-years with four semesters. The total seats are 53. The focus is solely on developing critical thinking and clinical skills.
It has an interdisciplinary framework. The program provides knowledge in not only psychology but also socio-cultural aspects. The program uses a diverse teaching methodology. Internship and dissertation are compulsory.
The program's eligibility is a bachelor's degree in any discipline with 45% from any recognized university. One has to clear an entrance test, to get into the program.
Related Post: Masters in Psychology in India
About the Entrance Exam
The weightage of the entrance test is 75%, and the interview weighs 25% in the overall selection procedure. The entrance test is MCQ based with no negative marking, and the duration is 2.5 hours. After the entrance, an interview is conducted.
Syllabus for the Entrance Test
The syllabus is as follows:
- BA Hons Psychology syllabus
- General Awareness
- Verbal Reasoning
- Numerical Aptitude
- Schools and Systems of Psychology
- Abnormal Psychology
- Child Psychology
- Clinical Psychology
- General Psychology
- Social Psychology
- Research Methods and Psychological testing
- Personality and Mental Health
- Organisational Behaviour
One can refer to General Psychology books by Ciccarelli, Passer, and Smith. Other books like Baron, A.K. Singh for statistics, Butcher and Mineka for abnormal psychology, are useful too.
Related Post: Psychology Books
- The University campus is enormous.
- The faculty is humble and very approachable.
- They also provide reservations to Delhi students.
- One most important thing about this university is that there is a fee waiver for financially weak students or students belonging to the reserved category.
- There is a library, IT services, Disability Services, and clinics for students.
- Every year cultural fests are conducted.
If you want to develop a strong base of psychological concepts, get hands-on experience while improving your analytical skills, and want to get the hang of Clinical Psychology. In that case, you should go for the Mater's program offered at Ambedkar University.