M.Sc. Clinical Psychology From Christ University, Bangalore
M.Sc. Clinical Psychology from Christ University, Bangalore
Pursuing M.Sc. in Clinical Psychology from Christ University
Are you looking for a renowned university offering M.Sc Psychology with a specialization in clinical psychology? Then, Christ ( Deemed to be University) can become your great choice. Let's know about the University and the course in detail.
About the Program Offered at Christ University
Christ got declared as Deemed to be University in the year 2008 and got NAAC "A" grade accreditation in 2016. It's a private university located in Bangalore, Karnataka, India.
It offers a full time 2-year postgraduate course in M.Sc. Clinical psychology, which includes core courses of psychology, specialization courses about clinical psychology specifically, and elective courses from other disciplines, students can choose them according to their preference.
Related Post: Masters in Psychology in India
Eligibility for the Program
- One must hold an undergraduate degree with 50% aggregate marks and 50% marks in psychology or allied subjects from a UGC recognized University.
- Students in their final year of graduation can also apply, but they should have secured 50% or above in all previous semesters.
- Entrance test: Applicant need to appear for all India CUET (Christ University Entrance Test)
- Number of questions: 120
- Duration of exam: 120 minutes
- For each correct answer: 1 mark
- For each incorrect answer: -0.25
- Syllabus for entrance: General Psychology, the Historical emergence of psychology, Biological Psychology, Personality, Social Psychology, Abnormal Psychology, Psychotherapies, Cognitive Psychology, & Research Methodology
- Skill assessment: After getting shortlisted from the entrance exam, a test will be conducted to assess writing skills, communication skills, and logical reasoning.
- Personal interview: The candidate has to appear for a personal interview.
- Assessment of past academic performance in 10th, 12th & graduation.
- Final selection: Based on the aggregate score obtained from all the above assessments, candidates will get selected.
Visit the University's Official website for further details.
Book Recommendations for Preparation:
- General Psychology:
Introduction to Psychology (7th edition) by Morgan and King
- Social Psychology:
Social Psychology (12th edition) by Baron and Byrne
- Abnormal Psychology:
- Abnormal Psychology: The Problem of Maladaptive Behavior (11th edition) by Sarason and Sarason
- Abnormal Psychology by Butcher, Mineka, and Hooley
- Statistical Methods in Psychological Research
- Statistical Reasoning in Psychology and Education by King and Minium
- Biological Psychology :
Physiology of Behavior by Carlson
- Organizational Psychology:
The Behavior in Organizations: Global Edition by Greenberg and Baron
Related Post: Psychology Books
With well-furnished infrastructure, Christ university provides a beautiful clean and green campus, central library, girls and boys hostel within campus, sports complex, gym, wi-fi availability, cafeteria, digital classroom, medical facility, air-conditioned classrooms, and much more.
A university with a vision of excellence and holistic development of its students can be an excellent choice for psychology aspirants.