M.Phil In Rehabilitation Psychology In India
M.Phil in Rehabilitation Psychology in India
Pursuing M.Phil in Rehabilitation Psychology in India
Rehabilitation Psychology is the field, which caters to people with disabilities by planning proper interventions to provide psycho-social support to them. Rehabilitation Psychology comes under Clinical specialty. In a broad range of Psychology, the role of Rehabilitation Psychologist has been reasoned to the scientist-practitioner model.
What is M.Phil in Rehabilitation Psychology?
M.Phil in Rehabilitation Psychology is a postgraduate level program. The course has been developed as a two-year program with theoretical inputs and intensive practical skills in disability rehabilitation. Rehabilitation Psychology has three roles, namely, Counselor, Clinician, and Social/Community Psychologist.
Related Post: How to Pursue M.Phil in Psychology
The minimum eligibility for the course is:
- Bachelor's Degree in Psychology
- MA/MSc in Psychology from a UGC recognized university with a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate.
- As for the SC/OBC/ST category, 50% is the minimum requirement in aggregate score.
Related Post: Masters in Psychology in India
Institutes Offering M.Phil in Rehabilitation Psychology in India
Only a few colleges/universities offer M.Phil in Rehabilitation Psychology in India. Some of them are listed below:
- National Institute for the Empowerment of Persons with Intellectual Disabilities (DIVYANGJAN), Secunderabad
- Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam
Note: Colleges/Universities/Institutes must be RCI approved, as the council gives the license for the practice.
To know more about the RCI license, watch this video.
Role of Rehabilitation Psychologists
When trainees have completed the course, they are expected to perform the following functions:
- Early Identification and Screening of disability
- Diagnosis and Psychological assessment of persons with disabilities
- Reflect psychological principles and techniques in rehabilitation of persons with disabilities
- Integration of social and community of persons with disabilities
- Participate in research areas of disability and rehabilitation psychology
- Teaching/mentor assignments in rehabilitation psychology
Always felt the strong urge to help people rehabilitate after some incident or trauma? Well, what are you waiting for? Rehabilitation Psychology awaits!