MA IN APPLIED PSYCHOLOGY AT TISS
Ishita Wadhwani and Prerna Singh
Pursuing MA in Applied Psychology from Tata Institute of Social Sciences
Have you ever thought of how lab-based research and findings are implemented in solving real-world problems? The discipline that validates psychology theories by using it to produce tangible results is what we call Applied Psychology. This blog will brief you about the Master's program offered at Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) in the field of Applied Psychology.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM AT TISS
Being a prominent institute for social work education, TISS has always been among the top choices of students wanting to pursue their Masters in Psychology. The proposed M.A. in Applied Psychology (Clinical and Counseling Practice) course is offered by the Mumbai campus and Chennai Banyan campus of TISS. The admission process for getting into any one of these remains the same.
The course is designed to build students' research skills and a sound theoretical base to develop as scientific practitioners. Practical exposure is provided through fieldwork and internships.
DURATION: 2 Years (4 Semesters in total)
Related Post: Masters in Psychology in India
- Applicants who have completed or are in the process of completing B.A./ B.Sc. in Psychology (General or Honors) with a minimum of three papers in Psychology.
- Students possessing any Bachelor's Degree from a UGC recognized University with a University recognized one-year (part-time/full-time) post-graduate diploma in counseling.
The candidates aiming for TISS need to be very determined to be able to reserve a seat there, one has to go through 3 rounds.
- The TISSNET Exam is a national level entrance test called the Qualifying gateway towards getting admission in TISS. TISS-NET assesses your logical reasoning, verbal proficiency, general knowledge, and quantitative and analytical skills.
- In the Pre- Interview Test, candidates are appointed a few general topics to choose from, which are related to the world's ongoing scenarios, and then asked to pen down their opinions about it. After around 20 minutes, you will be allowed to speak out your points during GD (Group Discussion).
- The final step in the admission process is a personal interview. Some candidates get eliminated in the PIT stage, hence only shortlisted ones are called for the interview, which is the final selection step.
Related Post: How to Prepare for TISSNET
FEE STRUCTURE :
Academics- INR 1.16 Lakh for 2 years
Academic + Hostel fees- INR 2.40 Lakhs
Mumbai Campus – 51
Chennai Banyan Campus - 34
SYLLABUS FOR MA IN APPLIED PSYCHOLOGY
PLACEMENTS AT TISS
CUTS International | Deloitte | Piramal Healthcare – are some of the recruiting companies taking part in the campus placements. The starting Packages usually offered after completing your Master's from TISS are:
The Tata Institute of Social Sciences is well-known for providing the true essence of education through its outstanding faculty, several fieldwork opportunities, eminent interdisciplinary research projects, and transformative and intellectually stimulating academics.
The campus retains an extraordinary diversity of students coming from the length and breadth of the country. Being a part of this place will indulge you in a significant and vibrant learning experience and render you essential life lessons.
To know more about this program, click here.
Since the 2021 batch admissions have begun, refer to this site for more information: https://appln.tiss.edu/.
Leave a Reply