Certificate Course In Social Work In Child And Adolescent Mental Health At NIMHANS
Ishita Wadhwani, Prerna Singh
Certificate Course in Social Work in Child and Adolescent Mental Health at NIMHANS, Bengaluru
Are you someone who takes a keen interest in Child Mental Health? Then this three-month course offered by NIMHANS will be a good investment of your time and money. It is designed to educate students in providing psychological and social interventions to support helpless and vulnerable children in the community.
In Karnataka's metropolitan city, Bangalore, National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro-Science (NIMHANS) stands as one of India's most prestigious institutes for mental health and neuroscience education. It is a world-renowned center for clinical care, training, and research in neurological and neurosurgical care.
ABOUT THE CERTIFICATE COURSE
- This course targets improving the people's limits desiring to work for children and adolescents' psychological well-being through exhibits, workshops, field visits, and conferences.
- The applicants will get trained by a different multidisciplinary group of specialists in the child and adolescent psychiatry unit.
- It focuses on preparing the students to provide necessary and primary psychological interventions for vulnerable children and adolescents and their families in the community.
- It will help them learn and practice various social work methods and research in child and adolescent mental health.
3 Months (On Campus)
NUMBER OF SEATS:
Maximum 8 per batch
Related Post: How to Become a School Counselor in India
- A full-time Master's Degree in Social work from a UGC Recognized University, with a minimum of 55% Marks aggregate.
- Direct candidates, those deputed from other organizations, and supported candidates from State/Central Government forces/other NGOs can be admitted to the course.
The interested candidates have to apply via email or hard copy, along with the following documents:
- The reason behind pursuing the certificate course in written form.
- CV with a recent passport size photograph, complete postal address, the email id/ phone number.
- Candidates working in children related organizations are preferred.
CONTENT OF THE COURSE
- Child and adolescent mental health
- Understanding the development of children and adolescents
- Assessments and interventions for children with developmental disorders
- Assessments and intervention for children with emotional and behavioral problems
- Assessments and interventions for children with psychiatric disorders
- Psychosocial assessment in child and adolescent mental health
- Social work interventions with families and parents using various intervention model
- Social work in School mental health
- Social work with children in difficult circumstances
- Social work role in Child protective services (socio-legal management)
- Social work role in a community-based organization.
- Using social work methods in child and adolescent mental health such as group work intervention
- Social work research in the field of child and adolescent mental health
- Social work role in laws, policies, and social welfare programs for children
According to WHO, many at-risk children and adolescents require psychosocial interventions or who require promotive and preventive interventions in the community. Therefore, the need for trained professionals who can address these children and provide psychosocial interventions becomes of utmost importance. This course will deliver you the practical skills and knowledge required to identify and work towards these children's betterment.
For more information, refer to this Prospectus.