CAREER IN COGNITIVE SCIENCES
Cognition is a term referring to the mental processes involved in gaining knowledge and comprehension. These cognitive processes include thinking, knowing, remembering, judging, and problem-solving. These are higher-level functions of the brain and encompass language, imagination, perception, and planning.
Cognitive Sciences is a field that studies the mind and its processes. This interdisciplinary field examines the nature and function of cognition. It encompasses the ideas and methods of psychology, linguistics, philosophy, computer science, artificial intelligence, neuroscience, and anthropology.
The scope of cognitive sciences depends on the field that the individual chooses to work in. The different field options are given below:
Scope of Cognitive Sciences in India
- IT companies
- User interface designing
- Medical analysis
- Data representation and retrieval
- Intelligence analysis
- Human factors engineering
- Computer-human interaction
- Artificial intelligence
- Human performance testing
- Speech synthesis and voice recognition
Colleges for Cognitive Sciences
The following universities and colleges provide a course in cognitive sciences.
- Centre of Behavioral and Cognitive Sciences, University of Allahabad
- Department of Cognitive Sciences, IIT Kanpur
- Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, IIT Delhi
- National Brain Research Centre, New Delhi
- Centre for Neural and Cognitive Sciences, University of Hyderabad
- Chandigarh University, Chandigarh
Cognitive science is a truly interdisciplinary field that encompasses the traditional disciplines of psychology, computer science, robotics, neuroscience, linguistics, anthropology, economics, physics, and philosophy. This field opens career options in fields of Psychology and Computer Sciences, which increases learning and knowledge of the individual. Cognitive Sciences is an emerging field which ensures a great career in any field that you choose.
To know more, read our blog on COGJET 2021